Advanced Fondant, Wedding Cake and Pastilage Class
PAY COURSE/CLASS FEES AT LEAST ONE WEEK BEFORE COMMENCEMENT OF CLASS AND GET ₦5,000 DISCOUNT.
TAKING SUBSEQUENT SPECIFIC CLASSES IN MIX 'N' BAKE ATTRACTS EXTRA DISCOUNTS AND PRICE CONCESSION.
- Introduction to Sugarcraft class
- Identifying different accessories, cutters and sugar craft tools for use in class.
- Their functions
- Recipes and Preparation
- Mixing of special fondant paste / sugar paste.
- Pastillage paste
- Edible Gum
- Royal icing
- Covering of cakes / dummies with fondant or sugar paste icing.
- Fabric Effects
- Review of embossing / Texture Effect
- Shirt making
- Making Aso-Oke
- Embroidery work using cutters.
- Marbling effect
- Various molds available – to be shown how to use in class
- Various cutters designs to be taught in class.
- Wrapper cake technique:
- Making of wrapper cake using Lace and Ankara techniques
- Jewelry box / trinket box techniques, bead/necklace work and other fabric designs.
- Suitcase making technique using cake.
- Basic painting techniques on covered dummy/cake
- Lady’s stiletto shoe and life size designer handbag using cake.
- Pastillage work in sugar – house and bows and any recommendations by teacher.
- Royal Icing Work
- Royal Icing Preparation
- Piping – Snail trail
- Finishing, arrangement and presentation of all work done in class and photography.
NOTE: ENTREPRENEURIAL CLASS- ENTREPRENEURING 101 COMPRISING OF BASICS OF STARTING & GROWING YOUR BUSINESS (THE MIXNBAKE STORY), TOPICS INCLUDE BRANDING, SYSTEMS, STRUCTURE, MARKETING, SELLING, PRICING, INVETMENTS, ETC WILL BE TAUGHT AFTER THE COMPLETION OF YOUR CLASS BUT THE DATE FOR THE CLASS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO YOU BY YOUR INSTRUCTOR AND OR THE BRANCH MANAGER OF YOUR SCHOOL LOCATION! THIS CLASS IS FREE FOR ALL PAID MIXNBAKE STUDENTS TAKING OUR REGULAR CLASSES; N15,000 FOR NON PAID STUDENTS AND VISITORS!
Two tier cake of choice with any design taught in class!
- Nylon bags
- Air tight bowls with lids for icing storage
- Note book
- Small knife/craft knife
- Manicure set size scissors
- Kitchen towels / napkins
- Serrated knife
- 2(10” square cakes not less than 4” high) for handbag
- 2(rectangular shape cake not less than 5” high) for wrapper and suitcase
- 2(rectangular shape cake not less than 3” high) for trinket box
- Many required ingredients, cutters, accessories/ Tools available for sale in Mix 'n' bake confectionery.
- It is important you get required ingredients, Tools/ accessories so as to participate in class!
- Borrowing from Mix 'n' Bake Confectionery will not be allowed!
- Enquire from Mix 'n' Bake the right accessories and ingredients to be bought before buying from the market so as to buy the right one because sellers are usually more interested in selling their products to you than you buying the right product.