Butter Icing Class Comprising of Simple Butter Iced Wedding Cake and Novelty Cake
PAY COURSE/CLASS FEES AT LEAST ONE WEEK BEFORE COMMENCEMENT OF CLASS AND GET ₦5,000 DISCOUNT.
TAKING SUBSEQUENT SPECIFIC CLASSES IN MIX 'N' BAKE ATTRACTS EXTRA DISCOUNTS AND PRICE CONCESSION.
- Butter Icing -:
- Recipe and Preparation
- Preparing the bag for decorating
- Levelling your cake
- Frosting and combing
- Bag positioning
- Pressure control
- Designs Techniques:
- Star Design
- Decorating a Novelty character cake e.g. Barbie, teddy Bear, Mickey mouse e.t.c
- Shell design
- Reverse shell
- Grass effect
- Zigzag using star tip
- Ruffle design using rose tip e.g 104
- Butter icing Bow
- Basket weave design
- Leaf tip
- Butter icing Clown etc.
- White butter cream icing recipe
- Butter icing rose flower
A simple two (2) tier butter iced cake (6” & 10”) should be done with techniques learnt in class chosen. E.g basket weave or rosettes. To be decided in class. Uniform design by all students.
- Mix ‘n’ Bake magazine: 1 copy (To be provided by the school)
- Apron and hair net: (To be provided by the school)
- Plastic bowls with lids for icing and nozzle storage (5 small & 2 big) bring from home
- Piping bags for decorating (10pcs)
- Icing colours (Wilton, Sugarflair, Bakers choice, Acabado): 3-5 diff colours
- Small and medium size palette knife
- Clown heads – 1 piece
- Icing sugar - 5 kg
- Margarine -2kg
- Flavor -1 bottle
- Icing nozzles/tips - 21, 3,48,352/67,12,32,104,18, 4,16,233.
- Couplers – 5 pieces
- 6”Wooden dummy – 1 piece
- Cake comb – 1 piece
- Decorating turntable
- Scissors (bring from home) – 1 piece
- Cake boards – 6”and 14”
- Cake boxes -- 2 pieces
- Napkins (bring from home) – 2 pieces
- Flower nail – 1 piece
- Project cakes- 6” & 10” cakes
- Character cake/novelty cake
- Wilton Deluxe practice board – 1 piece
- Wilton icing comb set - 1 pack
- Wilton school decorating cakes (A reference and idea book)
- Beginners guide
- Many required ingredients, cutters, accessories/ Tools available for sale in Mix 'n' bake confectionery.
- It is important you get required ingredients, Tools/ accessories so as to participate in class!
- Borrowing from Mix 'n' Bake Confectionery will not be allowed!
- Enquire from Mix 'n' Bake the right accessories and ingredients to be bought before buying from the market so as to buy the right one because sellers are usually more interested in selling their products to you than you buying the right product.